DLF Employees Premier League 2019
12th edition of annual employee cricket championship, 8 teams with representation from all BUs
>> 2 Twenty 20 matches to all eight teams, followed by SFs & Final
Playing Rules & other terms : DLF EPL 2019
Teams are required to follow standard and some experimental rules as laid by BCCI, some terms are quoted as under:-
- All matches shall be played according to the current cricket rules for limited over cricket including experimental laws. However, the Tournament Committee can insert by-laws and playing conditions, which shall be binding on all the participating teams
- Matches shall be of 20 over an inning. At least, 4 fielders shall have to be within the 30 meter circle throughout the innings in all the matches
- First 6 overs will be power play with only 2 players outside 30 yards circle
- No bowler shall be allowed to bowl more than 1/5th of the total number of available over
- The umpires shall be sole judges of the conditions of the pitch, outfield, and other conditions of play or any other disputes between the teams. The decisions of the umpires shall be final and binding on all the teams
- In case of interruption due to rain, or any other reasons, which is acceptable to the organizing committee of the tournament, and if no play is possible, each team shall get equal points in league matches. Semi-finals and final shall be rescheduled on a date as decided by the organizing committee of the tournament, or on mutual agreement between tournament committee and two captains
- In case a match is delayed owing to bad weather or other unavoidable circumstances, it would be left to the discretion of the officiating umpires in the match to curtail the number of overs to be played by each side up to a minimum of 12 overs a side
- In case of umpires finding ground, weather conditions not suitable for play, will inform both captains. Unless both captains want to commence, or to continue or to restart the match, the game will be suspended. If both captains disagree then umpires will take decision to continue, or to commence or to restart the match.
- The umpires’ decision on any on-field issue would be considered as final and binding. The organizing committee shall not consider any protest against umpiring decisions
- All the participating teams must provide names o f their 14-member squad in the prescribed form at.
- In case a team does not have all 11 players (physically present) at the start of the match, to start the match, the decision of the umpires shall be final and binding
- In matches prior to Semi Finals, all winner teams to get 3 points, loosers to get ‘0’, and a match tie is 1:1 for both teams
- In case o f teams having equal points to get right to play at knockout stage, the highest ‘net run-rate’ will determine the right position
- Substitute will not be allowed to a fielder who is absent at the start of the game or leaves the field during the play for any reason, except in case of visible injury or reasons wholly acceptable to the umpires
- Tournament Committee shall have the powers to deal with any dispute regarding the tournament not covered by the above rules
Teams are required to show best of sportsmanship with this gentlemen sports, DLF EPL is a comparative sports tournament and management expect a true engagement between various participating colleagues.
All the best !
DLF Employees Premier League 2018
DLF Employees Premier League 2008